Thursday, September 9, 2010

Peanuts?

Hannah and Grace say the funniest things and I am going to make a concerted effort to start posting what they say before I forget! Here are some of their most recent comments...

A few weeks ago we took the girls to eat and play at Gatti Town. As we were leaving, Hannah pointed to the building across the street, on top of a big hill, and asked "is that Heaven?" "No honey, it's a Rooms to Go store." The front of the store has all glass windows, so she saw the reflection of the sky and since she thinks Heaven is in the sky, that's what it was to her.

The girls hate going to bed at night and try everything to stay up just a little bit longer. Every night I lay with each of them, for a couple of minutes, to scratch their backs and sing a song (the SAME two songs since last Christmas - Frosty the Snowman and Jesus Loves Me). I was laying with Grace and told Hannah she needed to close her eyes and go to sleep. She told me that she couldn't go to bed and when I asked why, she said "because I need to read the bible." What was I supposed to say to that?! I let her lay in bed and "read" her bible story book quietly.

Grace always tells me that she loves me, spontaneously, throughout the day. A few days ago she said "I love you and you are a good mommy." It made me smile, but a few minutes later when I wouldn't let her eat ice cream for lunch, she said "I don't love you anymore." Sniff....sniff...

We were having a conversation about Heaven and out of the blue, Hannah said, "I can't wait to see what color God's hair is." Um, where did that come from?

I was giving Will a bath and Grace asked to help. While she was washing his little feet, she asked "why do boys have peanuts?" I simply replied, "that's how God made boys." Luckily, no more questions arose. I don't think I'm ready for "the talk" yet.




No comments: